We are hiring a full-time mixer to work at our Production Bakery location at Hope Artiste Village, located in Pawtucket RI. This is a unique chance to work with naturally leavened breads made with house-milled grains! The ideal candidate possesses at least one year of bakery production experience. Must have a practical knowledge of bread production including mixing, scaling and laminating. We are open 7 days a week so availability on weekends is required
The mixer is a position that requires the ability to work independently, supplying the shaping team with mixed dough’s ready for shaping. The mixer also maintains starters and mills our whole grains! Strong time management, organizational and math skills as well as a good understanding of mixing tasks are required.
- A basic understanding of safe food handling practices
- One (1) years professional food industry experience.
- The ability to stand 8-10 per shift.
- The ability to push/pull bins and racks weighing up to 100 lbs.
- The ability to lift 50 lbs. numerous times per day .
- The ability to work at fast pace
- Time management skills
- Basic math skills
- Ability to read and understand recipes in English
You will be required to come in for a bench test as part of the interview process (this means working for part of a shift)