The Food Prep Supervisor is a position that requires the ability to motivate and lead a team, strong time management, organizational as well as a good understanding of slicing and cutting equipment and food preparation techniques are required. This is a working position in which you will be responsible for supervising, coordinating and working side by side with the team engaged in cleaning, cutting and roasting of vegetables, slicing deli meats and cheeses, and preparing food items that will be used in our pastry and breads, but for completing those tasks as well.
- A basic understanding of safe food handling practices
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude
- The ability to work at fast pace
- Time management skills
- Ability to motivate and lead a team
- Demonstrates strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize in a fast-paced work environment
- Must be self-directed, motivated and demonstrate exceptional interpersonal skills
- Ability to communicate effectively in the English language, both verbally and in writing.
- Some understanding of Spanish language is also helpful but not required
- One (1) years professional food industry experience in a leadership role
- Ability to stand 8-10 per shift.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs. numerous times per day
- Must be able to work weekends and holidays