Do you want to help pack delicious handmade pastries and artisan breads? Do you want to work with a great team?
We are hiring a bakery packer to work at our Production Bakery location at Hope Artiste Village, located in Pawtucket RI. Previous experience in packing is helpful. The packer is responsible for overall quality control of products ensuring that all items meet our high standards, wrapping breads individually and boxing pastries and other retail items for our cafes and wholesale accounts.
We are open 7 days a week so availability on Sundays is required.
The Packer is responsible for ensuring that all retail and wholesale products are packed and ready for delivery at the determined times. The Packer is also responsible for the overall presentation of our products; making sure that items are packed neatly. This includes being organized and working in a clean and efficient manner and ensure that all product is accounted for and packed correctly for each customer and our retail stores.
- A basic understanding of safe food handling practices
- Independent, hard worker
- Strong, energetic and self motivated
- Packing experience a plus, but we will train
- The ability to stand 8-10 per shift
- The ability to lift up to 25lbs. numerous times per day
- The ability to work at fast pace
- Neat and organized
- Basic math skills
- Ability to read and understand pick slips and invoices in English
- Ability to work weekends and holidays
This is an non-exempt hourly position. Pay rate is $15/hr.