Do you want to help pack delicious handmade pastries and artisan breads? Do you want to work with a great team?
We are hiring a packer to work at our Production Bakery location at Hope Artiste Village, located in Pawtucket RI. The ideal candidate possesses at least one year of packing/production experience. Having reliable transportation is a must!
We are open 7 days a week so availability on both weekend days are required.
The Packer is responsible for ensuring that all retail and wholesale products are packed and ready for delivery at the determined times. Packing must be done in a timely manner, while also maintaining the quality of our bakery products. The Packer is also responsible for the overall presentation of our products; making sure that items are packed neatly. This includes being organized and working in a clean and efficient manner and ensure that all product is accounted for and packed correctly for each customer. Our process is completely hands on, there is no automation.
- A basic understanding of safe food handling practices
- Independent, hard worker
- Strong, energetic and self motivated
- Packing experience a plus, but we will train
- The ability to stand 8-10 per shift
- The ability to lift up to 25lbs. numerous times per day
- The ability to work at fast pace
- Neat and organized
- Basic math skills
- Ability to read and understand pick slips and invoices in English
- Ability to work weekends and holidays