We are hiring a full-time shaper to work at our Production Bakery location at Hope Artiste Village, located in Pawtucket RI. This is a unique chance to work with naturally leavened breads made with house-milled grains! The ideal candidate possesses at least one year of bakery production experience and should have a practical knowledge of bread production including shaping, proofing and laminating.
We are open 7 days a week so availability on both weekend days is required. This shift starts at 10:30am – 7:00pm
The shaper is a position that requires the ability to work as a team to shape artisan breads and viennoiserie (croissants and danish) as well as assemble breakfast sandwiches and aid in other areas of the bakery as needed. Strong time management, organizational and math skills as well as a good understanding of bakery operations is helpful.
- A basic understanding of safe food handling practices
- One (1) years professional food industry experience.
- The ability to stand 8-10 per shift.
- The ability to push/pull bins and racks weighing up to 100 lbs.
- The ability to lift 50 lbs. numerous times per day .
- The ability to work at fast pace
- Time management skills
- Basic math skills
- Ability to read and understand recipes in English
This is an non-exempt hourly position. Pay rates start at $15/hr. paid bi-weekly.