We are looking for a Kitchen Manager to join our team. This is a leadership position responsible for the development and operation of their team to support one of the most critical factors in our success, food quality. The Kitchen Manager should be a hands on, motivating professional who will contribute to the success of food preparation staff. This position reports to the Head Baker. The Kitchen Manager must have a positive attitude and enthusiastic personality as well as a demonstrated ability to work cohesively with staff and with other managers and supervisors. As Kitchen Manager, you are responsible for providing direction, training, and development of employees, manage all aspects of prepared foods and food prep production and to meet the goals set forth by the Head Baker. You will also assist in all areas including hiring of staff, maintenance of building and cleanliness of the bakery. The Kitchen Manager at Seven Stars Bakery oversees the production and packaging of our sandwiches, salads, and quiches along with the preparation of sauces, dressings and other ingredients that are used in our baked goods. The department has 7-8 employees who work 7 days a week, starting at 4:00am. We are an all-scratch bakery, we use no mixes or pre-made fillings. We buy local eggs, mill our own whole grain flour and pride ourselves on producing high quality food and baked goods. Though the majority of the Kitchen Manager’s time is spent overseeing production, there is some time devoted to recipe development.
- Leadership experiences in bakery/restaurant or retail industry required
- Minimum of 3+ years of Management experience as a kitchen manager or relevant experience required
- Thorough knowledge of Knife Skills and Culinary Techniques
- Experience in monitoring of food and labor costs
- Understanding of ordering and inventory procedures and health and sanitation guidelines
- Must have a working cell phone and email account and be able to respond to calls, texts, and emails in a timely manner
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize in a fast-paced work environment
- Ability to exercise sound logic and judgment in evaluating situations and utilizing appropriate resources
Work Schedule/Compensation: Our full-time manager schedule is avg. 40-50 hours/week, likely to be more during holidays and includes Sat/Sun hours as part of your work schedule (production bakery is 24 hours a day).
We offer competitive wages and benefits, which commensurate with candidate’s applicable work experience and education. Salary range for this position is $55,000-$65,000