The Pastry Mixer is responsible for reading recipes, scaling and mixing items including cookies, quick breads, scones, brownies and other bakery items. Additionally, you will be aiding in the production of our morning pastries by using a sheeter for pie dough, cookies and scones, scooping muffins, cutting cookies and helping with seasonal item production. You will also be assembling and preparing our sandwiches and salads. Our process is completely hands on, there is no automation. The ideal candidate possesses at least one year of pastry production experience. The pastry mixing shift is from 4:30am to 1:00pm in our production bakery. Having reliable transportation is a must. We are open 7 days a week so availability on weekends is required.
- 1 year of experience in a production bakery, preferred
- A basic understanding of safe food handling practices
- Independent, hard worker
- Ability to work at fast pace
- Neat and organized
- Basic math skills
- Strong, energetic and self motivated
- The ability to stand 8-10 per shift
- The ability to lift 50 lbs. numerous times per day
- Ability to bend, reach, squat and change positions frequently
- Ability to read and understand recipes in English
- Ability to work weekends and holidays
This is an non-exempt hourly position. Pay rates start at $16/hr.