Do you dream of bread? Then join a great team of dedicated bakers at Seven Stars Bakery!
We are looking to hire a PM Production Supervisor to oversee the overnight baking team! We are open 7 days a week so availability on weekends is required.
Job Summary: The Baking Supervisor is responsible for supervising and maintaining the quality of all of our artisan bread and viennoiserie for our wholesale and retail locations. The Baking Supervisor is responsible for training the overnight team of up to eight people and to uphold our high company standards. This position reports to the Production Manager. The Baking Supervisor must have a positive attitude and enthusiastic personality as well as a demonstrated ability to work cohesively with staff and with other managers and supervisors. This position is responsible for providing direction, training, and development of employees.
Qualifications: Demonstrates strong verbal and written communication skills. Ability to multi-task and prioritize in a fast-paced work environment. Ability to exercise sound logic and judgment in evaluating situations and utilizing appropriate resources. Must be self-directed, motivated and demonstrate exceptional interpersonal skills. Must possess leadership skills. Additional skills and abilities to include initiative, team building, planning and organizational skills, and creativity in product development. Ability to communicate effectively in the English language, both verbally and in writing. Some understanding of Spanish language is also helpful but not required.
Experience: Leadership experiences in bakery/restaurant or retail industry required. One year of Management experience as a supervisor or relevant experience preferred. Thorough knowledge of Baking and Pastry Arts techniques as well as sanitation standards required.
Education: Graduation from an accredited Culinary school, or equivalent work experience. Management, Baking and Pastry or Culinary Arts Degree preferred but will consider overall experience.
Required knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Basic math skills. Must be able to add, multiply, count and verify numbers
- Able to read and understand English
- The ability to stand 8-10 hours per shift.
- The ability to push/pull bread racks and dough tubs
- The ability to work at a fast pace
- Time management skills
- Ability to reach, lift, bend, kneel, stoop, and climb numerous times during the shift
- Ability to understand and carry out oral and written instructions and request clarification when needed
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervision and support to the baking team, float team, packing team and dishwashers
- Oversees the dividing, shaping, proofing and baking of our artisan breads and viennoiserie
- Oversee that all the equipment in the Production Bakery is clean and in proper working condition, report any issues so that they are taken care of in a timely fashion.
- Maintain and ensure all areas of the bakery, work area and equipment are organized and clean at the end of the shift; ensure all protocols are followed per Serv Safe and that local BOH sanitary standards are met.
- Examine and inspect all items to ensure that quality specifications are met.
- Ensure delivery times are met.
- Ensure all finished products are counted and packed in a neat and organized way
- Help bakery team maintain operational lines
- Notifies production teammates immediately when any sub-standard product quality is encountered
- Mix and maintain our natural levain and poolish
- Perform Sanitation duties after shut-down
- Must be able to complete assigned tasks delegated by the Bakery Manager
- Ensure a sense of urgency from all bakery team members and dishwashers at all times
- Using Hot Schedules Log Book as a communication tool for daily shift notes.
- Assign daily work stations and manage breaks
- All other duties as assigned
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs or more continuously throughout the day.
- Constant standing/walking.
- Occasional stooping, or kneeling.
- Occasional pushing, pulling, lifting or carrying up to 50 lbs
- Frequent, continual, intermittent flexing or rotation of the wrist(s) and spine.
This is an non-exempt hourly position. Pay rates start at $17/hr. paid bi-weekly.