We are looking for an experienced Bakery Production Manager to join and successfully manage our Production Bakery operation. This full time, hands-on position requires an individual with the experience of planning and managing the production of scratch baking of exceptional quality product and pastry artistry. You will also be part of the team of 35 talented staff members (includes everyone from pastry mixers, the pastry prep team to product packers and dishwashers) to ensure all fulfillment to retail and wholesale accounts are met.
We are open 7 days a week so availability on weekends is required
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Management of all bakery production staff: scheduling; time approval, training, performance expectations and allocation of tasks – monitor labor hours/costs
- Oversee all production of pastry goods, including but not limited to: cookies, brownies, breads, specialty pastries, sandwiches etc. New Product Development while maintaining existing profitable products – continual review
- Maintain neat and clean production bakery with crew at the end of each day to ensure all protocols are followed per Serv Safe and that local BOH sanitary standards are met.
- Vendor relations – keeping a weekly/monthly inventory and placing orders for all bakery production supply needs; developing new relationships with untapped sources; continually monitor all food costs and ways to reduce costs without compromising quality of our baked products.
- Monitoring Product Rotations and ensuring freshness codes; know inventory status at all times.
- Oversee that all the equipment in the Production Bakery is clean and in proper working condition, ensuring any issues are taken care of in a timely fashion
- Strong organizational and analytical skills, along with demonstrated ability to multitask and prioritize in a fast-paced work environment.
- Ability to exercise sound logic and judgment in evaluating situations and utilizing appropriate resources.
- Must be self-directed, motivated and demonstrate exceptional customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively in the English language, both verbally and in writing. Some understanding of Spanish language is also helpful but not required. Bilingual Preferred.
- Problem solving, reasoning, motivating, organizational and training abilities are used often.
Attributes : Have a positive attitude and enthusiastic personality. Demonstrated ability to work cohesively with staff and with other managers (regardless of department – everything is a team effort here).
Education : Graduation from an accredited Culinary school, or equivalent work experience. Culinary Arts Degree preferred but will consider overall experience.
Experience : Minimum of 2 years demonstrated management experience, preferably in a Bakery or Production setting. Minimum of 3+ years of working in a Bakery. Thorough knowledge of Bread Baking and Pastry Arts and Techniques. Familiar with monitoring of food and labor costs. Familiar with ordering and inventory procedures and health and sanitation guidelines.
Certificates: Food Safety Manager
Physical Requirements: Standing for prolonged periods of time; bending, reaching, lifting and must be able to grasp/move/lift/carry approx. 40+lbs. as needed
Work Schedule/Compensation: Our full-time manager schedule is avg. 40-50 hours/week, likely to be more during holidays and includes Sat/Sun hours as part of your work schedule (production bakery is 24 hours a day).
Applications submitted without a cover letter will not be reviewed.