As a Keyholder at Seven Stars Bakery you set the example for other employees. You are responsible for overall day-to-day operations when a manager or assistant manager are not present. This includes opening or closing duties, managing staff breaks, assigning side work, count and balance cash drawers, uphold the Seven Stars Bakery customer service standards at all times.
You are expected to maintain a high level of customer satisfaction and quality standards, as well as an exceptionally neat and clean environment. The keyholder sets the example for other employees by taking the initiative to provide exceptional customer service and ensure that all employees are upholding the Seven Stars standards in the absence of the assistant manager or cafe manager.
Duties and Responsibilities Include:
- Open or close cafes without the assistance of a manager
- Maintain the flow of the line, lead by example by demonstrating a sense of urgency
- Assign break tasks, run breaks and assist with the management of shift change
- Lead training of staff according to the Seven Stars Service Standards
- Maintain a positive attitude during your shifts
- Handle customer complaints and interject to diffuse situations
- Initiate side projects during down times including but not limited to: daily cleaning list, stocking line items. Make sure that all staff is assisting and no one is standing idle
- Uphold and maintain high standards of Seven Stars Bakery including; customer service coffee brewing standards, product quality, and store cleanliness
- Counting cash drawers and safe balancing
Hourly rate for the position is $15.00/hr + tips
Why is Seven Stars Bakery a great place to work?
At Seven Stars Bakery, we are all about quality – exceptional quality of our hand-crafted breads and pastries (and sandwiches, salads and coffees!) and unsurpassed quality of the customer service we deliver every day. Seven Stars Bakery is more than a bakery cafe – we are a community!
When customers come through our doors, they get an instant “Ahhh!” feeling. Yes, the aroma of freshly brewed coffee and flaky croissants helps! But so does the Seven Stars vibe – welcoming, comfortable and vibrant. So – if you want to be a part of creating people’s “happy place” every day – joining our cafe team may be for you!!
All applicants must be able to work at least three (3) shifts per week including weekend days. In addition, you must be able to answer YES to the following:
- Do you genuinely care about other people?
- Do you enjoy working closely with other talented, dedicated people?
- Do you hold yourself to high standards?
- Are you a strong communicator with excellent people skills?
- Do you thrive in an active, quick-paced environment?
- Do you have a can-do attitude and exceptional attention to detail?
- Are you responsible and dependable? Being on time – or early – every day is REQUIRED!
Job responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Greet and welcome each customer
- Provide exceptional customer service using the Seven Stars Bakery Customer Service Standards
- Help our customers make their bread, pastry and coffee choices
- Brew coffee, prepare beverages for the barista and serve hot & iced drinks
- Maintain a clean cafe; including wiping tables, washing dishes and taking out the trash
- Accept cash/credit/gift card payments
- Pack online orders
- Deliver curbside orders to our customers
This position pays $10/hr.+ tips for the first 12 months. All cafe hourly employees are members of UFCW Local 328 as a condition of employment.