Do you want to work with delicious handmade breads and pastries? Do you want to work with a great team?
Seven Stars Bakery is hiring a full-time Product Packing Supervisor to work at our Production Bakery location at Hope Artiste Village, located in Pawtucket RI. The Product Packing Supervisor is responsible for counting, verifying and aiding in the packaging all of our artisan bread and pastry for wholesale and our retail locations. This is an overnight position (7pm-3:30am), so reliable transportation is a necessity.
We are open 7 days a week so availability on weekends is required
The Product Packing Supervisor is responsible for maintaining the quality of all of our artisan bread and pastry for order fulfillment for our wholesale accounts and our retail locations. You must ensure that all products are inspected and ready for delivery; this involves the ability to count, time management skills and have great attention to detail.
- Provides oversight and support to packing team
- Manages quality control of baked items; both bread and pastry
- Reviews and verifies all wholesale and retail orders including all Whole Foods accounts, SSB Hope, SSB Broadway, SSB Rumford and all other wholesale customers with the help of the overnight supervisor
- Maintaining delivery schedule; ensuring packing team is on schedule and delivery is ready to leave production promptly at 4:30 am
- Leading communication between the packers and the pastry baker to ensure items that need to be rebaked are done in a timely manner
- Verifying bags for wholesale accounts and confirming that they are labeled correctly
- Make sure that all invoices have been fulfilled and communicate any missing product to supervisor/manager on duty
- Minimum of 1 year of Supervisory Experience
- Basic math skills. Must be able to add, multiply, count and verify numbers
- Able to read and understand English
- The ability to stand 8-10 hours per shift.
- The ability to push/pull bread and pastry racks
- The ability to work at a fast pace
- Time management skills
- Exceptional Attention to detail
- Ability to reach, lift, bend, kneel, stoop, and climb numerous times during the shift
- Ability to understand and carry out oral and written instructions and request clarification when needed
- Bilingual preferred
This is an non-exempt hourly position. Pay rates start at $17/hr. paid bi-weekly.