We are looking to hire an experienced Cafe Manager to organize daily operations and motivate our staff to provide excellent customer service. Café Managers oversee the day-to-day running of cafés. The café manager hires, trains, and supervises café staff, order café supplies, resolve customer complaints, and ensure that food health and safety regulations are adhered to.
Cafe Manager responsibilities include processing payments using the POS system, complete bank deposits and sales reports daily, scheduling shifts for baristas and cafe staff, monitoring daily expenses and revenues and ordering supplies like coffee, milk and paper goods and ensuring that the café is clean and well-presented at all times.
To be successful in this role you should demonstrate exemplary leadership and management skills and ensure that café staff carries out duties efficiently. Also, you should be available to work during opening hours, including early mornings, weekends and holidays. Ultimately, you will help increase profitability, boost customer engagement and turn our cafe into a favorite local spot.
- Manage day-to-day operations of the cafe
- Hire and onboard new cafe staff and baristas
- Train employees on drink preparation and proper use of coffee equipment
- Take inventory of supplies and coordinate with vendors and order supplies, as needed
- Receive supplies and verify that the correct items and quantities have been delivered
- Preparing weekly work schedules for café staff and ensure that absences have appropriate coverage
- Advise staff on the best ways to resolve issues with customers and deliver excellent customer service
- Resole customer complains regarding food quality and customer service issues
- Ensure all cafe areas are clean and tidy
- Nurture friendly relationships with customers to increase loyalty and boost our reputation
- Identify strategies to attract and retail customers
- 1-2 years of previous management in hospitality or retail environment required
- Previous work experience as a Cafe Manager, preferred
- Sound knowledge of food health and safety regulations, RI Food Safety Manager License preferred
- Hands-on experience with professional coffee machines, including grinders and brewers
- Good math skills
- Availability to work within opening hours (including weekends and holidays)
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to manage and motivate a team
- Customer service attitude
- Effective communication skills
- High school diploma
- Additional certification (e.g. in Business Administration or Hospitality) is a plus
Please include a Resume and Cover Letter expressing your interest in the Cafe Manager position. Applications that do not include a resume will not be considered.