We are looking to hire an Assistant Café Manager to help organize daily operations and motivate our staff to provide excellent customer service. Assistant Café Managers oversee the day-to-day running of cafés including, hiring, training, and supervision of café staff, orders café supplies, resolves customer complaints, and ensures that food health and safety regulations are adhered to in conjunction with and in the absence of the Café Manager.
The Assistant Manager’s responsibilities include setting the example for the cafe team in all areas of customer service, including helping customers and processing payments using the POS system. You will also complete bank deposits and sales reports as needed, assist with scheduling shifts for baristas and café staff, order supplies like coffee, milk and paper goods and ensure that the café is clean and well-presented at all times.
To be successful in this role you should demonstrate exemplary leadership and management skills and ensure that café staff carries out duties efficiently. Also, you should be available to work during opening hours, including early mornings, weekends and holidays. Ultimately, you will help increase profitability, boost customer engagement and turn our café into a favorite local spot.
- Execute the hiring and onboarding of new café staff and baristas
- Train employees on drink preparation and proper use of coffee equipment
- Train employees on the SSB customer service standards as well as all SOP’s
- Take inventory of supplies and coordinate with vendors and order supplies, as needed
- Receive supplies and verify that the correct items and quantities have been delivered
- Preparing weekly work schedules for café staff and ensure that absences have appropriate coverage
- Advise staff on the best ways to resolve issues with customers and deliver excellent customer service
- Resolve customer complaints regarding food quality and customer service issues
- Ensure all café areas are clean and tidy
- Nurture friendly relationships with customers and area businesses to increase loyalty and boost our reputation
- Identify strategies to attract and retail customers
- Enthusiastic, positive, up-beat attitude
- 1-2 years of previous management or supervisory role in hospitality or retail environment required
- Reliable transportation to make bank deposits and travel to other locations as needed
- Sound knowledge of food health and safety regulations, RI Food Safety Manager License preferred
- Hands-on experience with professional coffee machines, including grinders and brewers
- Excellent math and cash handling skills
- Availability to work within opening hours (including weekends and holidays)
- Effective communication skills with the ability to manage and motivate a team
- Customer service attitude
- High school diploma. Additional certification (e.g. in Business Administration or Hospitality) is preferred
Applications that do not include a resume will not be considered.
This is an exempt salaried position with a salary range that starts at $45,000