We are looking for a Human Resources Manager to support our five cafes and baking facility, all located in Rhode Island. The HR Director will recruit, support and develop talent through developing policies and managing procedures and contribute to making the company a great place to work. The HR Director will be responsible for overseeing the day-to-day HR tasks including but not limited to tasks related to recruitment and hiring, employee relations, training and development, payroll, compensation, benefits, and compliance with all applicable employment Federal, State and Local laws and regulations regarding employment practices. The HR Manager will provide on-site support including leading investigations, employee related issues and answering day to day questions from managers and employees. If you are innovative and able to drive change, engage, and influence the business to implement new ideas/programs, this is the opportunity for you!
To be successful in this role, you should have prior demonstrated experience in a HR position, preferably in the hospitality industry, and be familiar with labor legislation, benefits administration and performance management. The HR Manager maintains a positive overall workplace culture and ensures our employees are engaged, well-trained and productive so that they provide excellent customer service to our customers and continue to create outstanding products.
Experience: Three to five years of leadership experience in HR, preferably in the hospitality industry. Hands on experience with recruiting and retention. Familiarity with ATS, Payroll Software and job posting databases. Collective bargaining and union relations are a plus.
Education: Degree in Human Resources, Hospitality Management, or Business Administration or experience in a related field preferred. Will consider overall experience.
Qualifications: Demonstrates strong verbal and written communication and time management skills. Possesses superior interpersonal skills, strong sense of ethics, good common sense and keen judgment.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develops and implements HR strategies and initiatives aligned with the overall business strategy
- Creates learning and development programs and initiatives that provide internal development opportunities for employees
- Provides employee relations services to employees in the form of facilitating open communication, resolving issues, and coaching
- Oversees employee disciplinary meetings, terminations, and investigations
- Bridges management and employee relations by addressing demands, grievances or other issues
- Provides HR support to managers including coaching and guidance on associate relations issues, policy interpretation, performance management, problem solving, worker compensation and leave of absence administration
- Maintains compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews policies and practices to maintain compliance
- Promotes open roles using online job posting boards and other methods of recruitment
- Screens, interviews and evaluates candidates
- Prepares job offers and on-boarding documents
- Plans attractive compensation and benefits packages to increase retention
- Manages payroll and keep updated records of payments
- Administers employee benefits including 401(k) retirement plan, medical/dental/vision and voluntary benefit offerings
- Facilitate new hire orientations
- Schedules and monitors job-related training for all employees, including managers
- Ensures staff complies with health and safety regulations
- Oversees and manages a performance appraisal system
- Maintains compensation plan, updating as necessary
- Supports management through enforcement of progressive discipline policy
- Maintain employee HR files according to company and compliance guidelines
- Reviews, evaluates and negotiates benefit package proposals
- Coordinates employee involvement activities, plans employee appreciation events and coordinates volunteer events
- Drive a positive company culture that creates a memorable employee experience