Do you dream of bread? Then join a great team of dedicated bakers at Seven Stars Bakery!
The Baking Supervisor is responsible for supervising and maintaining the quality of all of our artisan bread and viennoiserie for our wholesale and retail locations. The ideal candidate must have a positive attitude and enthusiastic personality as well as a demonstrated ability to work cohesively with staff and with other managers and supervisors. This position is responsible for providing direction, training, and development of employees and to uphold our company standards.
The Baking Supervisor is a position that requires the ability to motivate and lead a team, strong time management, organizational as well as a good understanding of baking methods and scoring techniques are required. The position oversees the pm bread and pastry baking. The Supervisor is responsible for monitoring quality control and consistency of our products. This position reports to the Production Manager.
- Experience in a supervisory or leadership role, required
- Previous baking experience, preferred
- Ability to lead and motivate a team
- Basic math skills. Must be able to add, multiply, count and verify numbers
- Organized and detail oriented
- Team player and leader
- Ability to train and coach new employees on SSB standards
- Ability to learn how to bake in a hearth oven and proofing of viennoiserie products
- Ability to remain focused under pressure
- Able to read and understand English
- The ability to stand 8-10 hours per shift
- The ability to push/pull bread and pastry racks up to 75lbs, with or without assistance
- The ability to work at a fast pace
- Excellent Time management skills
- Bilingual preferred
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervision and support to the baking team, float team, packing team and dishwashers
- Oversees the dividing, shaping, proofing and baking of our artisan breads and viennoiserie
- Oversee that all the equipment in the Production Bakery is clean and in proper working condition, report any issues so that they are taken care of in a timely fashion
- Maintain and ensure all areas of the bakery, work area and equipment are organized and clean at the end of the shift; ensure all protocols are followed per Serv Safe and that local BOH sanitary standards are met
- Examine and inspect all items to ensure that quality specifications are upheld
- Ensure product is ready and packed for scheduled delivery times
- Ensure all finished products are counted and packed in a neat and organized way
- Help bakery team maintain operational lines
- Notifies production teammates immediately when any sub-standard product quality is encountered
- Mix and maintain our natural levain and poolish
- Perform Sanitation duties after shut-down
- Must be able to complete assigned tasks delegated by the Bakery Manager
- Ensure a sense of urgency from all bakery team members and dishwashers at all times
This is an non-exempt hourly position. Pay rate starts at $18/hr.