We are hiring a full-time Bread Baker to work at our Production Bakery located at the Hope Artiste Village in Pawtucket RI. This is a unique chance to work with naturally leavened breads made with house-milled grains! The ideal candidate possesses at least one year of baking experience in a production style bakery. You must have a practical knowledge of bread production including proofing, baking and scoring techniques. Having reliable transportation is a must as public transportation will not always be running during these hours.
The baker is a position that requires the ability to work independently. Strong time management and organizational skills are required to be successful in this role. Bakers are responsible for loading the deck oven with breads, making appropriate scores, monitoring bread while in the oven for quality and handing finished products over to the packing team for distribution.
- One (1)year of baking experience in a production bakery
- Previous experience utilizing a deck oven, preferred
- One (1) year professional food industry experience
- Ability to work in a hot and humid environment
- Ability to stand 8-10 hours per shift
- Ability to push/pull bins and racks weighing up to 100 lbs.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs. numerous times per day
- Ability to work at fast pace
- Time management skills
- Ability to read and understand recipes in English