Do you dream of bread??
We are seeking an experienced artisan bread baker to work at our Production Bakery location at Hope Artiste Village, located in Pawtucket RI. This is a unique chance to work with naturally leavened breads made with house-milled grains! The ideal candidate possesses at least one year of baking in a production bakery. Must have a practical knowledge of bread production including proofing, baking and scoring. We are open 7 days a week so availability on weekends is required
The baker is a position that requires the ability to work independently, strong time management, and organizational skills as well as a good understanding of baking methods and scoring techniques are required.
- A basic understanding of safe food handling practices
- Baking Experience (1-2 years) required
- One (1) year professional food industry experience.
- The ability to stand 8-10 per shift.
- The ability to push/pull bins and racks weighing up to 100 lbs.
- The ability to lift 50 lbs. numerous times per day .
- The ability to work at fast pace
- Time management skills
- Ability to read and understand recipes in English
You will be required to come in for a working interview (this means working for part of a shift as part of the interview process)