We are hiring a full-time bread mixer to work at our Production Bakery location at Hope Artiste Village, located in Pawtucket RI. This is a unique chance to work with naturally leavened breads made with house-milled grains! The ideal candidate possesses at least one year of bakery production experience. Must have a practical knowledge of bread production including mixing, scaling and laminating. We are open 7 days a week so availability on both weekend days is required.
The mixer is a position that requires the ability to work independently, supplying the shaping team with mixed dough’s ready for shaping. The mixer also maintains starters and mills our whole grains! Strong time management, organizational and math skills as well as a good understanding of mixing tasks are required.
- Helps ensures consistency on all doughs by proper scaling and time and temperature control according to production standards
- Helps maintains schedule by mixing dough efficiency and to dividers on time in order to maintain production flow
- Maintains record of temperature of dough mixing, times and other required data
- A basic understanding of safe food handling practices. Food Safety Handler Certificate, preferred
- The ability to stand 8 hours per shift
- The ability to push/pull bins and racks weighing up to 100 lbs
- The ability to lift up to 75 lbs. numerous times per day
- Excellent time management skills
- Basic math skills
- Ability to read and understand recipes in English
This is an non-exempt hourly position. Pay rate starts at $17/hr.