Why is Seven Stars Bakery a great place to work?
At Seven Stars Bakery, we are all about quality – exceptional quality of our hand-crafted breads and pastries (and sandwiches, salads and coffees!) and unsurpassed quality of the customer service we deliver every day. Seven Stars Bakery is more than a bakery cafe – we are a community!
When customers come through our doors, they get an instant “Ahhh!” feeling. Yes, the aroma of freshly brewed coffee and flaky croissants helps! But so does the Seven Stars vibe – welcoming, comfortable and vibrant. So – if you want to be a part of creating people’s “happy place” every day – joining our cafe team may be for you!!
Position will be in our East Greenwich location. Anticipated opening April 2024.
All applicants must be able to work at least three (3) shifts per week including weekend days. In addition, you must be able to answer YES to the following:
- Do you genuinely care about other people?
- Do you enjoy working closely with other talented, dedicated people?
- Do you hold yourself to high standards?
- Are you a strong communicator with excellent people skills?
- Do you thrive in an active, quick-paced environment?
- Do you have a can-do attitude and exceptional attention to detail?
- Are you responsible and dependable? Being on time – or early – every day is REQUIRED!
Job responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Greet and welcome each customer
- Provide exceptional customer service using the Seven Stars Bakery Customer Service Standards
- Help our customers make their bread, pastry and coffee choices
- Brew coffee, prepare beverages for the barista and serve hot & iced drinks
- Maintain a clean cafe; including wiping tables, washing dishes and taking out the trash
- Accept cash/credit/gift card payments
- Pack online orders
- Deliver curbside orders to our customers
This position pays $11/hr.+ tips for the first 12 months. All cafe hourly employees are members of UFCW Local 328 as a condition of employment.